Jul 17, 2012

DermaVeen Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner......Review + Update


UPDATE
For the past 5 months or so I have been using fragrance free shampoo and conditioner because of my scalp being particularly sensitive. I tried Eucerin Shampoo and I really liked it. It made a difference by reducing my scalp itchiness as well as making my hair shinier and softer. I kept using it for about 3 months in a row with no conditioner, which I know sounds bad, but my hair was doing fine for the first 2 months. I only noticed the need to use conditioner during the third month. So I started looking for something new especially because  it's important to rotate your shampoo and conditioner every month. And that's when I came across the DermaVeen line. I asked my pharmacist for a fragrance free option and she suggested something very natural. I am normally skeptical about natural products if they are plant based because sometimes they do contain fragrances or unpleasant scents, at least to me that I very sensitive to scents and perfumes. But this is natural in a good way and the scent is amazing. Continue reading if you want more information about the DermaVeen hair products...

REVIEW
" A unique formulation containing natural colloidal oatmeal that gently soothes, protects and hydrates the scalp." It's pH balanced, won't clog pores, it is ideal for both children and adults, it's soap free and has no lanolin, parabens, dyes or fragrances. And it's of course dermatologist tested. This is what is written on the back of the packaging.

Positive things about DermaVeen Shampoo & Conditioner:
  1. It's gentle on the scalp and doesn't irritate my skin.
  2. It has a very pleasant scent, which reminds me of Sicilian traditional almond milk.
  3. After using these products, my hair feels clean and fresh and has a very natural scent which doesn't bother me at all.
  4. The shampoo is very good at cleansing my scalp, although I do not normally use tons of products so I do not have a lot of buildup.
  5. My hair stays soft and smooth for up to 2 days (keep in mind that I exercise daily).
  6. This hair line is not tested on animals.
  7. It is available in pharmacies.

Negative things about DermaVeen Shampoo & Conditioner
  1. I wish the conditioner could be a little bit creamier and moisturizing.
  2. The price is higher than what I am used to spend on hair products. It's around 8 euros each. However, we are all used to paying more for natural and healthier options whether it's food or beauty products. 

Overall, I recommend DermaVeen hair products to those of you who are trying to use more natural alternatives, either as part of a lifestyle or because your scalp and skin cannot stand products full of chemicals and strong fragrances. Using them in combination with a moisturizing treatment and a leave in conditioner would be the perfect way to keep your hair healthy and nourished.For what concerns children, especially very young ones, I would consult a pediatrician before using this brand just to make sure there are no better options.

0 comments:

Post a Comment