Aug 3, 2012

Scared of Animal Print?....Classic Outfits

Scared of Animal Print?

For years I have been against anything which was animal print, not because I was scared, but because I saw it as the opposite to tasteful, elegant and classy which in few words is tacky. However, lately I have realized that everything and nothing could look tacky. It all depends on how you wear things, how you decide to pair them and most importantly how good you are at keeping that balance which makes any outfit turn out to be a great one.

I must admit that although I have started to like animal print, when it's subtle and tastefully paired, I still only have one piece in my wardrobe which has an animal feel. And I haven't even worn it yet. So I can relate to anyone who might be scared of buying and even worse wearing something with an exotic feline print. However, there are many animal prints which are subtle or animal inspired. Above, I have put together 3 outfits which are great both for work or when you want to look put together and elegant. Each of them features an animal print dress. None is however tacky and each one is very put together and classy. This shows that it's not the animal print per se which is tacky but certain ways of pairing it. Just make sure that your chosen animal print item is tasteful and balance it out with simple classic shoes, handbags and jewellery. Below are the pieces I used to create the above outfits.


Giambattista Valli knit dress
$2,030 - farfetch.com

Mango dress
$31 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Chloé leather shoes
bergdorfgoodman.com

Prada shoes
dsw.com

Ted Baker formal shoes
$200 - psyche.co.uk

Rochas brown tote bag
forzieri.com

L K Bennett shoulder handbag
$425 - lkbennett.com

Satya jewelry
couturecandy.com

Miss Selfridge gold bangle
missselfridge.com

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment