Nov 19, 2012

Facial Brush by Body Shop.....A Review

While I am extremely happy with my makeup remover, which is the Dermo Cleanser (review here), I cannot say the same about my cleanser. For the past year or so I have tried various cleansers. While I have purchased the Dermo Cleanser at least 3 times (soon 4) during the last year, no cleanser has left me amazed or has really been that good to make me repurchase it again. I tried the Cetaphil (review here), the Softnening Foaming Gel (review here) by La Roche Posay and I have been using the Dermo Cleanser few times a week as a cleanser apart from using it to remove my makeup. The reason why I am not liking any of the cleansers I try is that I keep compairing them with the one cleanser I really liked, the Clinique cleansing bar. Although, this might be a little drying in the long run, especially for normal to combination skin like mine, it used to give me a squeaky clean feeling no other cleanser does. But because I was actually allergic to all of the Clinique products I was using I cannot use that cleanser any longer. Since the Clinique soap bar foaming effect was one thing I really liked about it, I have tried to use foaming cleansers which are both gentle and fragrance free. So far, the one which foams most is the Softening Foaming gel but it has an unpleasant scent which at times really bothers me. One more thing I have tried is to use a facial cleansing accessory to wash my face together with my cleanser with the aim of achieving that squeaky clean feeling I have been talking about. So far I tried the Body Shop soft facial cleansing sponge and the Body Shop facial brush. While the first one didn't cause any foaming at all and made my face feel more greasy than clean, the second one gives me a little foaming. Below are more details about this facial brush....


The first time I used the facial brush I thought that it was scratching my face more than cleaning it. In fact, the bristles felt very harsh on my skin and I didn't like the cleansing result I got. After few uses (about 3 times) the brush became softer and I started getting used to handle it, especially around the nose area and on the actual nose which are the hardest areas to reach with this brush. I still think this brush is not amazing and I won't repurchase it again. One thing I like is that it stimulates my facial circulation which I think might be a good think to keep my face looking young. In fact, after I use this together with one of my cleansers, my face looks extremely red but not sore. After few minutes the face goes back to its normal skin tone. The best cleanser to use with this brush, among the ones I have tried, is the Softening Foaming Gel because it allows some foaming and gives me a better cleansing result.
 

So far, after using it for about 3 weeks, I cannot say that it has done any good to my skin. But since it had done no harm either I am going to keep using it about 3 times a week. I wouldn't however recommend this to someone with very dry skin, or even very sensitive skin, nor to people with active breakouts. This is definitely something you might be interested in trying if your skin is either normal, normal to combination or combination without extremes of oiliness or dryness. 


Since the price was 4 euros and it seems it's going to last me a long time since it keeps well and doesn't seem to be deteriorating in any way so far, I can say it was definitely worth the money (at least to try it). I also like the fact that it comes with a cap, although I keep mine without the cap on to make sure it dries between each use and doesn't get moldy or smelly.


I will definitely keep on trying more cleansing accessories and also new cleansers, and keep you informed about the results I get. So keep reading.....

Have you tried the Body Shop Facial Brush? Did you like it?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment