Mar 15, 2012

Best Makeup Remover for Sensitive Skin is.......(so far)

I have been using the same makeup remover/cleanser for almost 6 months now and I am really loving it. Previously, I was using the Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and it was not only irritating, as it made my eyes sting but it was also pretty expensive for being a generic brand (around 5 euros) and it lasted only few weeks since it was extremely liquid. Moreover, I could only use it to remove my eye makeup while I was looking for a single product to remove my makeup and cleanse my face. When your skin is sensitive, like mine, it makes much more sense to limit the number of products you use so as to reduce the allergic reactions. 

After a long online product research, I started considering various products but I wasn't sure which one to try first. However, I finally made up my mind thanks to a funny episode. While I was in a pharmacy, I asked about the Toleriane Dermo Cleanser by La Roche Posay. The pharmacist was kind enough to allow me to test the product scent, since I had told him I am allergic to fragrances. And, thankfully, while he was holding the product he squeezed the bottle and some of the product came out and landed on my scarf.  I didn't buy the product that same day because I needed more time to think about it. However, when I left the shop I used a tissue to remove the product from my scarf and I was able to feel its consistency and also ascertain throughout the day that it had no scent (since it landed on my scarf which I wore for the entire day). So after few days I bought the Toleriane Dermo Cleanser and I liked it so much that I have already bought a second bottle as a backup. 

 Toleriane Dermo Cleanser

This product lasted me several months. So here are my conclusions on the product:
  1. It has no scent which is great if you have sensitive skin or prefer unfragranced products.
  2. It has a creamy consistency which helps remove eye makeup easily without extra product waste.
  3. Its creamy consistency is very moisturizing, thus great for dry and sensitive skin.
  4. It is a great eye makeup remover because it is able to remove my makeup quickly without the need to apply much strength (which you don't want since our eye area is so delicate). 
  5. It doesn't sting my eyes.
  6. It's not however the best cleanser if you have oily or combination skin because it doesn't strip the extra oil off your face.
  7. It is a product which gives you great value for money as it lasts long and only costs  around 12 euros.
  8. I think it's a great cleanser for the colder months although I will be buying another cleanser for combination skin to use during the Summer.
What about you, which is your favourite makeup remover?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment