Nov 8, 2012

Bootcut jeans for Petites: How to wear them + 3 OOTDs

Wearing bootcut jeans can be difficult for us petite (short) girls. They can make you shorter and are much more difficult to wear if you happen to carry your weight on the lower part of the body. Bootcut jeans are definitely not my favourite jeans cut but since I bought a pair last year, which I had never worn until last week I finally forced myself to wear them. I told myself that if I could make them work and wear them not once but at least 3 times within the same week by styling them differently, I could make a post about it and that's what I am doing. 

First of all I would like to say that these jeans were a god send pair because when I bought them I found them not only in my size but also with a perfect length. Hence, for once in my life I had no need to alter the hem or roll it inwards. For many of you this might sound funny, as you might be used to buying clothes in your size and length. But for me (here in Malta) it doesn't happen often to find clothes which are targeted to shorter petite women. Dorothy Perkins have a small Petite collection but apart from being very limited it is also pretty expensive. Anyway, let's start with the pairings.


I am wearing:
Bootcut jeans from New Look
Floral top from Orsay
Orange blazer from Bershka
Blue flats from Stradivarius
Purple handbag (mentioned but not visible) from Parfois

In this first outfit, which I wore last Saturday to do some evening shopping, I decided to pair these jeans with brighter colours on top. Although there are many colours they all tie together as you can see. I kept the accessories simple and wore a purple shoulder bag. 




I am wearing:
Jeans from New Look
Shoes from Stradivarius
Blue top from Zara
Green cardigan from Mango
Black handbag from Miss Selfridge
Gold necklace from Accessorize

I wore this second outfit (above) on Monday to go shopping again, this time food and stationery. I decided to go monochromatic by wearing different but similar shades of blue and then wore a green cardigan on top. Between the two options below I ended up wearing the darker handbag in picture 2. 



In this last outfit, which I wore today for running errands, I decided to pair the same bootcut jeans with lighter colours. I wore it with a short sleeve cream sweater and then my grey cotton blazer on top since it was kind of chilly. I was surprised by how the same sweater worked well both if worn long on its own and shorter below the blazer. I thought that this long sweater would make me look shorter and emphasize my hips but it didn't. 


I am wearing:
Bootcut jeans from New Look
Blue flats from Stradivarius
Cream sweater from Terra
Grey cotton blazer from Terranova
Bag from Sicily Market
Gold necklace from Accessorize
Gold and white studs from Tally Weijl


I think each of this outfit worked well. And although these jeans cut might not give me the slim look the skinny jeans give me, I still like them. If you look at all of the three outfits you see a similarity. All of them are paired with shorter, more fitted pieces on the top. 

These are my suggestion to petite women on wearing bootcut jeans:
1. Make sure the hem is perfect ad not longer or it will make the jeans appear wider than it already is on the bottom and you will look shorter and ticker
2. Don't be afraid of pairing them with flats, just make sure you wear them with a same colour shoe (black bootcut jeans with black shoes, blue bootcut jeans with blue shoes, and so on)
3. Wear more fitted shorter pieces on top
4. It's ok to wear a wider top, just make sure you wear it under a fitted blazer (as in outfit 1 above)
5. If you wear a longer top make sure it's a fitted one (like in outfit 3)

Do you like bootcut jeans? If yes, how do you wear them?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment