Nov 21, 2012

Grundig Hand Blender Set BL5040.....A Review

As you might know if you follow my blog, I really believe in the concept of eating healthy not only to be healthy but also to feel and look fabulous. Of course healthy eating involves purchasing lots of fresh and good quality ingredients and limiting the amount of processed food. Portion control and effectively timing your meals according to your lifestyle, your metabolism and your daily needs is also an important aspect of eating healthy. Also having kitchen tools which make your life easier by speeding up and making certain cooking processes easier for you is a way to enhance your healthy eating habits. Hence, why I want to share with you a great kitchen tool I have been using for the past 2 months. 
I have been wanting to buy a hand blender set for a long time but I have always postponed it either because I thought it was an extra expense, but mainly because I didn't really feel the need to have it. About 2 months ago I said to myself I was going to research which hand blender sets were available for sale where I live and research those which not only looked nice but were also well priced. And that's what I did. I didn't really have that many options since there weren't many small hand blender sets in black and silver (which is the colour I wanted to match my other kitchen tools). The two which were within my budget, had a good brand, and technical specifications which fitted my needs (like power, speed, capacity and material) were the 3 in 1 Hand Blender Set by Russel Hobbs (I do not remember the exact model though) and the Grundig BL5040 (similar here) which is the one I bought. First, of all the Grundig one was a best selling in Germany and second after manually checking each component piece of the two hand blender sets inside the shop, I noticed that not only the Grundig looked nicer but in terms of proportions and colours, but it also looked and felt much more robust. Hence I bought it.


So far I have used it to make smoothies (you can view one recipe here), dips, pesto sauces and pasta condiments, as well as soups. I haven't used the whisker yet, but I am sure it will be as great as the blender and chopper in this set. Both the power and speed levels are amazing (they blend and chop in a matter of seconds) and they are exactly what I was looking for. The design is beautiful as you can see in the images above and below, especially for the budget friendly price (I got mine for 55 euros). The capacity is perfect for cooking for 2 people but will definitely be enough for even 3 to 4 people, plus you can always divide your cooking into batches. It cleans easily and the food results I have been getting have been great so far. It was definitely worth the money, especially since it comes with a  2 year warranty. This is definitely a great blender to buy if you are looking for something to use to make your baby food from scratch. Apart from being inexpensive it can also be used for the entire family. 


Things to look for when buying a hand blender set are:
1. The technical specifications you need depending on what your cooking is going to involve. For me a 400 W and 2 speed settings hand blender set was all I needed.
2. How you want your hand blender to look in terms of size and colour. I wanted mine to be black and silver.
3. The brand. Make sure you buy a brand with a good reputation which also offers a good warranty.
4. Stain less steel components. You definitely want to keep away from hand blender sets made of plastic  blades because they won't give you a good cooking result and are more likely to break easily.
5.  Capacity. For me the 900ml chopping bowl and the 700ml measuring cup are enough.
6.  Dishwasher-proof if you intend on washing yours inside the dishwasher. I do not have a dishwasher and I would not wash mine inside it if I had one, although it is dishwasher proof.

Apart from the smoothie recipe linked above, I will be sharing with you more of my recipes made with this hand blender set, so keep coming back....

Which is your favourite hand blender? Share it with us in the comments. And if you have any questions feel free to post them.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment