Sep 13, 2012

Zucchini Pizza with mint and lemon pepper.....MY LUNCH TODAY

Here is what I ate today, a healthy pizza with a high protein side. I have really been enjoying experimenting with new healthy flours lately. My favourite so far is rye flour. It gives my pizza crust a nice crunchy consistency and the taste is great. Gone are those days when I used to make pizza ( a huge one) with white flour and feel so sick after because of how rich and filling it used to be. Now I am enjoying my pizza while I am eating without feeling sick after. And then every now and then I have a normal pizza when I am eating out. Here's is how I make this delicious zucchini pizza.


PIZZA CRUST (for 1 person yielding a small pizza)
75g rye flour
25g millet flour (or chickpea flour)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
1 small cup water (about 80 to 100 ml)

Simply mix all the ingredients and leave this liquid mixture stand for few hours. Then spray your pizza pan with low calorie olive oil spray, heat the pan and then pour the mixture in it. Cook in the oven until it gets crunchy on each side. Don't forget to flip it.

ZUCCHINI TOPPING
3 medium long zucchini (washed, peeled and sliced)
salt and pepper
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
soy butter
2 to 3 slices cheese
mint and lemon pepper

Cook the zucchini slices in the oven spraying them with the olive oil spray. When the crust is ready spread the butter. Then top with the zucchini seasoned with salt and pepper and dressed with olive oil. Finish the pizza with lemon pepper and mint. Top with sliced cheese and bake for few more minutes


MY SIDE FOR TODAY
Normally I have a small lettuce salad with my pizza. But today I had 2 small eggs and few potato gnocchi which I simply boiled and dressed with salt, pepper, oregano, lemon pepper, mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar. 

Tell me how you like your pizza in the comments below. 

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment