Sep 20, 2012

Tuna Egg Rye Pie with Cold Vegetables Salad

Soon the weather will get cold and I will start to crave soups and warm meals. So until that time I am enjoying as many salads as I can. Here is what I ate today: a cold mixed vegetables salad (carrots, peas, green beans, potatoes and much more) simply boiled and seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise and a tangy vegetable dressing by Heinz. I topped my salad with cucumbers and in the middle is my tuna egg pie on a rye flour crust. The crust is made of 2/3 rye flour and the remaining 1/3 was half chickpea flour and half millet flour. I used about 100g flour in all. The result was a crunchy pie. The flour was mixed with salt and pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a little water just enough to create a solid dough. I then spread the dough on my foil casserole and baked for about 15 minutes. Then I topped with cheese, tuna, boiled egg and cheese again. I finally baked for 5 more minutes and my meal was ready and served.


And you what did you eat today?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment