Sep 3, 2012

Nail Hardeners Rimmel vs L'Oreal vs Sally Hansen

Having healthy and beautiful nails depends on various factors including how healthy is your eating, how much water do you drink, and how well you protect your hands and nails from the most damaging source that is water, especially water which contains detergents. If you are a clean hygienic freak like me, you surely wash your hands at least 50 times a day (may be even more). Apart from this, you will have to clean around the house and shower too. All of the water and detergents or soaps which come into contact with the nails make them weaker and fragile and this is the first step in the nail breaking process. For this reason it is very important to use gloves as much as possible when cleaning around the house and when cooking, so that you are washing the gloves in between not your hands. 

To get and maintain stronger nails you also need to give yourself frequent manicures. I try to do so at least twice a week. This normally involves removing nail polish, pushing back my cuticle, filing, applying nail hardener and then a top coat, sometimes followed by a coloured nail polish and again top coat. Lately, however, I have been keeping my nails bare from any colour because I am liking the clean fresh look of glossy transparent nails. This is also a great way to give my nails a break, since many times applying too much colour can stain them even if you use a base coat.


The most important part of my manicure which most determines my nail strength is applying a good nail hardener. Today, I want to compare and review three of the nails hardeners I have been using during the past few months.  

The first is the Rimmel Nail Rescue Save Me 14 Day Nail Hardening Treatment. This costed about 5.25 euro. And for several months it has done a great job at keeping my nails strong and saved them many times from getting super weak. So far this is my favourite nail hardener because I actually saw a difference in terms of my nails being stronger and chipping less.







The second one, the L'Oreal Resist & Shine Pro-Keratine Strong 5 Plus Stronger, was actually not my purchase but a gift from my sister. I don't think I would have otherwise tried this if it hadn't been for my sister. In fact, I don't normally buy L'Oreal nail polishes because they are kind of expensive for being drugstore. The L'Oreal nail hardener is not as good as the Rimmel one.  Actually, this nail hardener didn't help my nails strengthening that much and it doesn't hold that long on the nails. So for being at least 7 euros or even more, I think it's not really worth the money. I have another L'Oreal nail polish and it's not good either. It's very thin and it gives me a streaky application. I am definitely not into L'Oreal nail products.




The nail hardener I am currently using is the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hardener. This is the least expensive one, 4.99 euros, and so far it has done a good job at protecting my nails and keeping them in a good condition. I have been using it for only a week so I cannot compare it to the Rimmel hardener but I can definitely say that it is better than the L'Oreal one.








What about you, which is your favourite nail hardener? Let me know in the comments below.

STAY FAB

2 comments:

  1. The loreal polish.... you called it Maybelline like 4 times :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right....Thanks for pointing that out.

      Delete