Sep 2, 2012

Highlights of Runway Fashion FW 2012-2013

If you follow my blog, you'll know that for the past few weeks I have been posting reviews of my favourite Runway Collections for the coming Fall and Winter 2012 2013. I have covered BurberryErdem, Rebecca Minkoff,  Max Mara, Elie Saab, Jill Stuart and Rebecca Taylor. Normally, I am more attracted by the classic stylists like Chanel, Christian Dior and Versace. This time I was surprised to like the relatively new stylists more than the classic ones.

In order to make my Runway Fashion Review more complete for the coming season and to cover those collections which many of you might actually like for next Fall and Winter, I am going to feature 5 more stylists in this post and share with you my opinions on their collections and favourite looks. These are Chanel, Christian Dior, Cacharel, Matthew Williamson and Calvin Klein. 




The above 5 looks are the only ones I liked from the entire Chanel Collection. My favourite details of this collection were definitely the glittery sparkly fabrics used and the structured sometimes boxy coats. The rest of the collection was too exagerated for me both in terms of layering, colours and embellishments.





The above 7 looks are my only favourites from Christian Dior FW 2012-13. These to me are the most modern edgy looking ones. While the others are too lady like, sometimes boring, blunt and repetitive.



I surprisingly really like this Cacharel Collection. It's fun, colourful and very interesting. And the tights are amazing. However, I think that most of the looks are not really wearable at least for the era we are living into. Above are my favourite looks. I featured the first 2 for the beautiful tights and the last 2 are actually wearable.







Again, the above one is a very pretty collection. The colours, details and lines are very feminine yet modern. Although the collection is colourful and presents lots of details, it is wearable. I would say it's a little bit extravagant and not what we are used to wear in the colder months. The only reason I didn't feature Matthew Williamson in my top favourite collections is because the full fashion show wasn't available online.





Although I really like the above 8 looks, I find the rest of Calvin Klein Fall Winter 2012 2013 Collection not interesting and pretty boring in its lines.

Let me know in the comments below which was your favourite among the above 5 collections? And do you think there was one in particular which is among your top favourites?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment