May 25, 2012

Pastel Nails......Spring 2012

Finally, I started painting my nails again! I don't know about you, but I don't like to paint my nails that often during Winter. Between my Raynauds and my natural intolerance to cold, I get very cold hands and painting my nails make them even colder. For this reason, I limit coloured nail polish application to few times like Christmas, New Year, Valentine's day and other eventful days. For the rest of Winter I simply give myself a quick manicure once a week and apply a clear nail polish after my nail treatment. Sometimes, I might opt for a very light colour like a french pink or nude because I feel I can be less precise with its application since the colour won't be very eye catching, meaning that imperfections will be less visible. Once Spring starts I get very excited about nail polishes, especially since we get to wear pastels and bright colours which are not suitable for the colder months. 

These past few weeks I have been applying a different nail polish colour every 2 days. I guess it's my way to make up for the lost time during the past season. After multicoloured nails and 2 shades of pink, today I felt like  wearing pastel colours. So here is my nail look and below you can find the products I used.....



Products I used:
  1. Light pink by Catherine Arley
  2. Minty Tiffany blue by Essence in shade 53 You belong to me 
  3. Metallic violet by Rimmel London 60 sencons in shade 608 Rock Republic (this one is a metallic colour but with the matte top coat gets a lighter almost pastel feel and it gives the entire look more character)
  4. Top coat by Rimmel London Pro Matte Finish
STAY FAB


0 comments:

Post a Comment