Jan 26, 2012

Greasy/oily hair and itchy scalp........A Review

An itchy scalp can have various causes. A common one is stress. Very often, certain shampoos and conditioners can be very aggressive on your scalp and strip all the moisture out, thus creating itchiness. Not washing hair very often but also washing it too often can impact negatively on the scalp. Dirty hair will get greasy and create excess sebum which will deposit itself on your scalp and trigger the itchiness. Washing your hair when not necessary will dry your hair and also your scalp, thus causing itchiness. If you have oily hair you will have to wash it more often in order to protect your scalp from the excess sebum. So you have to make sure to  use gentle hair products. 


There are however various products which can be used to reduce excess sebum and thus reduce the number of times you wash your hair during the week. A good product for greasy hair is Matrix Biolage Oil Control Treatment. It is a treatment for your scalp which relieves itchiness as well as makes your hair stay clean longer by fighting the excess sebum. It is very simple to use. You just nebulize it on your scalp concentrating it on the areas which are more itchy and feel more greasy. You can also use the product to prevent your hair from getting greasy and thus avoiding the itchiness. In my case, my hair will still be clean but my scalp will get itchy. Normally, I would wash it with the hope of relieving the itchiness but sometimes I can still feel it itchy. This product has helped me fight the itchiness without the need to wash my hair when it's still clean. I bought mine from my hairdresser a few years ago and have not used it for a long time. But recently I have been loving it. It was about 13 euros but Amazon offers a much better price as you can see below.


Stay Fab!

0 comments:

Post a Comment