Dec 25, 2011

Blue jeans and black top.....Simple but classy!

Hello and Happy Christmas to all of you reading. I hope you had a great day.

Today I spent the day at my grandparents where we had our Christmas dinner with all relatives. When it came to choosing my outfit for this day I wanted something casual but also put together. Initially I was thinking to wear my new red skinny jeans but I didn't find anything to pair with it in my wardrobe. Sometimes shopping in your wardrobe can be not so successful. But thankfully the sales start tomorrow so I hope to get some good deals and may be find something to wear with my red jeans. I then tried on a dress with some leggings. And finally I opted for the most basic simple outfit you could wear: blue jeans and a black top. The top I wore is the one I had bought to wear with the red jeans. But that outfit didn't work out for me as red is already a bright colour so I feel I need to tone it down with a light neutral colour like camel or dark beige. 





I am wearing
Blue jeans from New Look
Black knitted top & black arm warmers from Shana
Black suede pumps from local shop
Satchel bag from Miss Selfridge
Skinny belt from Sicily
Gold studs from H&M
Taupe coat from local shop


I am happy with the outfit although had I had the time to, I would have made a few adjustments like choosing a different belt. I like the colour but I think a thinner one would have worked better. I think this outfit is a classic. Blue jeans will never go out of fashion. And neither will  a nice black top. I wore the short sleeve crochet black top over a three quarter length black T-shirt and some knitted black hand warmers. My shoes were black suede pumps which I got a while ago for my graduation. The star of the whole outfit was my new handbag which my husband got me for Christmas. And I also liked how my hair came out. However, keep in mind that I took the pictures in the evening after a whole day not touching and after walking in the presence of a very strong wind. 

So if you don't know what to wear either today or any other festive day don't be afraid of wearing a simple outfit like blue jeans and a black top. Remember that simple is classic. And classic is tasteful. Always better than going all out with your outfit and ending up looking too made up.......STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment