Feb 9, 2011

Loreal Mat Morphose Foundation......

Dear readers,

In this post I am going to review a foundation I received as a sample by one of my local drugstore shops. The product in question is L'Oreal Paris Mat' Morphose Foundation. So let's start!

This foundation has a mousse souffle' consistency. It comes packaged in a glass jar as you can see in the image below. Many women do not like makeup which comes in glass because it is easily broken. However, I think glass containers are very elegant and I personally like them although they are very handy when travelling.


The foundation consistency is very soft and it reminds me of the cappuccino froth which I love. It feels very nice when you start applying it on your face, almost like there is no product between your fingers but just a feather touching your face. The product appears quiet dark in the jar but once you blend it in well it should match your skin tone as it become lighter. However, in my case the sample I was given was natural beige 140 and was very dark as I normally use the lightest shade. However, I decided to give it a try just the same so as to test its texture on my skin.

My positive thoughts about this product are:
  • It applies easily and blends well into the skin while massaging it as if it was a feather
  • It has a very good coverage and it makes your face very matte
  • It feels light on the face
  • I think it can a be a very good  foundation for people with normal to oily face
  • I would recommend its use in summer because it wouldn't melt as much as a liquid foundation would
  • After 3 hours it still looked good and I went for a fast walk while I was wearing it
  • The colour didn't get any darker after few hours
My negative thoughts about this foundation are:
  • The shade I was given was very dark for me but I guess the first shade should be fine
  • It did look a bit flaky on my dehydrated skin areas
  • It caused some itching around my nose
I will definitely let you know if it breaks me out whitin few days.

I am not sure how much it costs but normally in my country L'Oreal products are quiet expensive when compared to other drugstore brands such as Maybelline and Rimmel. If I had to guess I would say it costs around 15 euros but I am sure you can buy it for 10 euros or even less in both USA and UK.

Wouls I buy this foundation? If I could buy it for around 10 euros I would give it a try during summer because I am sure its consistency would feel nice eather than sticky as some foundations do feel when it's hot and because in summer my face is less dehydrated.

Hope you find this review useful and feel free to post any comments or leave some questions.

AlessiaPearl

0 comments:

Post a Comment