Oct 19, 2014

Hydration

One thing my face demands, be it Summer or Winter, is hydration. I just know it because my skin feels the best when I apply products rich in water. On the other hand it doesn't appreciate products with a high content of oil. Is it just me, or you too really hate that greasy feeling on the top layer of your facial skin, while still knowing the cream you have just applied is doing nothing for the lower layers? The key to striking a balance between moisture and hydration is to find the right hydrating cream. However, good hydration creams are expensive and I personally do not want to spend hundreds of euros on something I am going to use daily and use up in a few weeks. Because I have tried many lower end hydrating products which didn't do nothing for my dehydrated skin, I became quiet skeptical about the suggestions I received in stores and pharmacies.

While shopping in Mariahilferstrasse in Vienna, and after going inside every beauty store I found  along the very long shopping Street, I happened to wonder inside a very small Apotheke and while paying for a mask I picked (which I will tell you about very soon) the lady at the counter suggested I pair that mask with a very hydrating face cream. So she went along showing me a new hydration gel which is supposed to last 24 hrs on your face, and it is by a brand which is part of the Estee Lauder Group, but is being sold at a very good price. She also had me try the cream on my hand. And there and there I didn't really pay much attention because I had already determined it was another up-selling attempt. Later though, I felt my hand and it was still hydrated. So on the last day in Vienna, having found no other hydrating option at a reasonable price, I ran to the shop and bought the True Hydration 24 hr Gel Cream by GoodSkin Labs.

GoodSkin Labs True Hydration
Ever since I started using it each night before going to bed, I wake up in morning with my face still hydrated and if I touch my skin I can still feel the cream on my face. The hydration goes on and on, since even after washing my face, my skin feels smooth and no longer dehydrated. What I mostly love about this cream is that while it is very thick, it doesn't feel the least bit greasy, blends well into the skin and you can feel it penetrating into your skin and doing all the great things it is supposed to do underneath the top layer. I am sure the effects would be even more evident if I would use this gel cream also in the morning, but having a problem with my makeup slipping off my face after two or three hours, I avoid applying any cream under my makeup at least until December. If you have been looking for a great hydration cream that lasts long, makes your skin feel amazingly smooth, and is also well priced (around 29 euros) you just found it. Go buy the True Hydration Gel Cream and let me know what you think...
STAY FAB

2 comments:

  1. We might have to try this! Our skin's on the drier side, so we're always looking for these to try

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend this. Let me know what you think if you end up trying it.

      Delete