Jan 26, 2011

January 2011 Haul.........

Dear shopping lovers,


Here is my first clothing haul post. As a premise I would like to say that I have always loved shopping especially clothes shopping. However, only recently I have started really enjoying it because since I reached my goal weight it has been easier to find clothes which I both like and which suit me well. I always try my best to limit myself and shop mostly during sales especially at more expensive shops. During non sales period I try to purchase only the necessary and try to buy from cheaper local stores. The most important features which I look for when buying clothes are quality, unique details, good fit and comfort. The following clothes have been purchased by me in the last 2 weeks during the sales.


I would like to start by the most essential garment I bought: no doubt, jeans. Jeans are part of my everyday wardrobe as they can create both casual and smart day and night looks. I am almost always wearing some pair of jeans unless I am wearing leggings or tights with some dresses, skirts or shorts. My prefered styles are skinny and straight leg jeans because they make my legs appear longer which is a plus for me since I am quiet petite. The two pair of jeans I grabbed at my local clothes store are black faded trouser jeans which have a straight leg and blue slightly washed denim in a skinny style. These latter are very nice as they have a particular detail on the knee - just a striped patch sewn on the knees which makes the jeans less ordinary and more stylish. You can see them below. I got these at half price in sizes 36 and 40 respectively because of the different style.







Three other pieces I got in the same store are turtle neck or high neck jumpers. Two of them have a very nice cashmere material mixed with wool and cotton and I got them in the colours dark brown and light grey. Whereas the other one is a more ordinary long sleeved cotton turtle neck and I got it in military green. I really love having different turtle neck colours because I wear them all the time in winter, either on their own with a scarf and a necklace under a coat or jacket but I also like layering them under cardigans and sweaters. I got these also for half price and they were a very good bargain. I already wore the brown one with the new blue jeans and I really liked both pieces and felt very comfortable.








From Dorothy Perkins I got a nice grey waterfall open cardigan, which is long at the back but short in front; a pair of leggings in magenta colour and a very cute feminine sleveless silk blouse in a nice golden glittered beige colour. This last as it can be seen from the picture below has a very detailed ruffled front. It is slightly baggy because I normally get a small size but there was only size 10 left, but I really like how the baggy blouse flows over a jeans with some boots or pumps on. These 3 pieces were very cheap when compared to their non sale price. The total would have been 99 euros without the sales reduction whereas I only paid 29.73 euros. A great bargain, I think! 









I also stopped by Zara (the only one in my country) and got a camel short sleeved turtle neck with a nice belted detail on the sleeves and a very particular top in old rose with a unique pattern on the front. I really love the style of this last piece I got and I am looking forward to wear it in summer with some jeans or trousers and my hair up in a ponytail. I got these two tops at half price and in sizes small and medium respecitvely. The medium one is a bit large from the underarms but I can wore a top under to avoid anything showing.






The last 2 things I got during the sales are a loop scarf with a blue grey pattern and a brown waist belt with a nice rose detail. I got these from a chinese shop in a local shopping centre. I am really excited about the scarf because I have been wanting a loop scarf since fall.







I hope you like this post. If you wish to, feel free to leave any comments.

AlessiaPearl

0 comments:

Post a Comment