Jan 17, 2011

Finding the right foundation......


Dear beauty readers,

I have been looking around to find a good foundation for my complexion, one which matches my skin colour and undertone and which also complements well my skin texture. I must say that this process has been much more difficult than what I thought. Several good foundations like Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Guerlain as well as many others do not ship my skin colour to where I live since most of the people in the Mediterranean are darker than me. I know I could buy foundations from online but I am actually a person who likes to touch things before actually buying them. I love the whole shopping experience of going around shops, trying products and than actually buying them in a physical way. I do like to research products online to get info. about them but I prefer making purchases from actual stores rather than online ones.

Thus finding a foundation which matches my skin colour perfectly has been very complex. Only two foundations which I tested in stores matched my skin colour perfectly. One of these is by Clarins and the other is by Sisley. However, only the Sisley foundation was able to blend with my skin without making my skin look dehydrated. The sales assistant told me that dehydration is my main skin problem and that I have to use products rich in water. My skin is sensitive and somewhat oily in the T-zone. But in winter the sensitivity level increases and I start experiencing more redness and dehydration. In the past I used to think that was dryness but as you might know being dry means your skin is lacking oil whereas being dehydrated implies a lack of water. Thus it is very important not to confuse your dehydrated skin with dry skin and vice versa.

In my next posts I will be reviewing the foundation I find most suitable to my skin and mentioning one method to hide dehydration on your skin when applying your foundation.

Be Fab,

AlessiaPearl

0 comments:

Post a Comment