Nov 3, 2012

What to wear to a family dinner night out? SMART CASUAL OOTD

Do you have a restaurant dinner with your family or may be with his amily, and are worrying on what to wear? Well first of all, do not worry. Start thinking about the restaurant you are going to eat in and how fancy it is. Also think about the location and the people you are going to be with. Although you definitely do not want to be influenced by their style, you might want to consider how casual or put together they are used to dress. In order to be comfortable you want to avoid being either under dressed or over dressed when compared to the others. You should also keep in consideration the weather and of course the time of the year. In order to feel great and have a good time make sure to plan your outfit in advance by trying out different options. Below is a photo of me while trying out my outfit options. This was my favourite and hence I ended up wearing it.


In my case, the dinner was in a somewhat fancy restaurant located in a residential part of a seaside town. Since it was a Thursday night, the restaurant wasn't in a hotel and the people I was going out with were older people who tend to dress casual to casual smart I decided to go for a SMART CASUAL outfit.  I chose darker colours, mainly black and deep reds because they tend to give an outfit a more put together look. I also mixed fabrics like my blouse with the stretchy trousers. Luckily (since it was pretty cold), I threw on a light grey blazer. I opted for comfortable low heel black pumps and a vintage inspired black handbag. In terms of jewellery, I skipped the necklace since my blouse neckline was already an embellishment and I wore silver and crystals bracelet and stud earrings. I completed this look with a light plum eye and deep red lip as well as soft curls. Here is what I am wearing on my nails.


I am wearing:
Black pumps from Gallaria Darmanin
Wine pants from Stradivarius
Black blouse from Zara
Black tank top underneath
Grey blazer from Bershka
Black handbag from Miss Selfridge
Crystal studs from H&M
Bracelet from Accessorize


By the way my dinner was great. The place was really nice, the company was super sweet and the food was amazing!

Feel free to share your advice in the comments on what to wear to a family dinner?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment