Oct 28, 2012

FALL WINTER 2012 2013 NAILS TRENDS

I decided to finish my Runway Trends series of posts with nails. Although I already made a post on my Fall nail polishes haul ,where I also briefly talked about my favourite shades for the season, I wanted to give you some insight into  nail colours were seen on the Fall Winter Runway for this year. Below the nail polish trends I spotted on the runway, which I think are worth trying.

LOOK 1: CREAMY NUDES
Herve Leger



Elie Saab

Jason Wu


LOOK 2: SHADES OF BLUE
Blue was a popular colour on the Runway. Stylists like Anna Sui, Alberta Ferretti, Erdem, Balenciaga, Carven, Celine, Giorgio Armani and Chanel presented various looks in this shade. Anna Sui took the blue to a further level by incorporating it in her models' makeup. No wonder why blue seems to be also popular on nails. Below you can see three examples.


Used by Rebecca Taylor

Anna Sui

Deep navy


LOOK 3: FRENCH MANICURE
French tips on the nails seem very in this season, but they come with a twist. Rather than the classic white or french pink tip go for darker tips like wine and deep reds as well as black lace tips and also metallic ones.

Metallic silver French tip

Maroon French tip

Lace French tip

LOOK 4: DEEP REDS
Since these shades are so in for what concerns clothes, shoes, accessories and makeup we must wear them on our nails too.



LOOK 5: REVERSE FRENCH TIP
If you are bored of wearing the same nail look and want to try something new and fun you should go for a reverse French nail look. Choose the colours you prefer and have fun playing with this trend.


Chanel Haute Couture

LOOK 6: LIGHT, METALLIC & DARKER GREY
I think this is a very appropriate nail look for the Winter. It's not as dark as wearing black on your nails and you can go as light and as dark as you prefer by wearing either a very light shade of grey, like the one worn by Chanel ready to wear models, or go for more charcoal greys which I really like. 

Chanel Ready to Wear

Alice & Olivia



Which is your favourite nail trend for the current season? I must say I really like them all, apart from the bright blue. Let me know in the comments below.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment