Oct 27, 2012

Fall OOTD.....Casual, fun but put together!

For me Fall outfits have to be comfortable. Since the weather gets chillier I enjoy going for walks, running errands and I try to make the most of the beautiful weather which is no longer the hot and sticky Summer weather which makes me want to stay indoors all the time. This is why comfort is extremely important during this time of the year. And my best friends in terms of comfort are my flat shoes. Jeans, casual tops and light jackets and cardigans are my Fall staples because they keep you warm but also allow you to layer and therefore get rid of the extra layers during those moments of the day when the Sun gets too hot. 

In this post I want to share an outfit I wore for a late afternoon early evening walk. I opted for a casual look which would still be pit together. I also threw in a little bit of colour to make the outfit that little fun. The pair of jeans I wore were definitely casual ones. But once paired with a slightly less casual top and a structured casual blazer they looked more put together. The flats were comfortable but not too casual. The bow and silver detail makes them that tiny bit fancy. The bracelet, earrings and handbag together with the brighter top helped me give this outfit a little pop and made it fun. Gone are the days when I would be afraid to play with colours. Nowadays the more colour I incorporate in my looks the better I feel. Yes colour does help adjust my mood which is important since I am very moody. 


In my opinion, this outfit is an example of how to successfully put together different pieces in your wardrobe. The key is to maintain a balance of textures, colours and proportions. In terms of proportions starting from the bottom I have skinny jeans paired with cute flats. Going upwards I paired the fitted jeans with a baggy top to balance the tighter bottom with a wider top. In order to show my waist I wore a fitted blazer which worn open kept the top part still on the lose side but helped me define it and give the outfit a more structured feel. For what concerns colour I paired neutral pieces like the jeans with the grey blazer and flats and then incorporated 2 main colour which went together well: a reddish pink and a purple. Finally but not least the different textured of the jeans paired with the cotton blazer and the thick open work knitted short sleeve top gave this outfit some extra dimension.


I am wearing:
Skinny jeans tapered at the knee from Centro Moda
Frey flats from Sicily Market
Open work knitted top from Zara
Grey cotton blazer from Terranova
Purple shoulder bag from Parfois
Red studs from Tally Weijl
Bracelet from local Market


When you pair you pieces in the best way even a casual outfit can look great and put together and make you feel like you were wearing the most expensive or nicest outfit in your entire closet.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment