Oct 20, 2012

Fall Monochromatic Outfit....Blue

Yesterday I decided to pair the checked shirt my mum got me while she was on holiday this Summer. While I must admit that I am not really into ruffles, especially on casual shirts, I really liked the colours in this shirt. To tone down the ruffles and not make them pop against a different bottom, I opted to wear a light blur jeans in a shade similar to the shirt. This monochromatic combination helped tone minimize the ruffles and also make the outfit more casual. Although a checked shirt is always casual, this one was a little bit strange because I would associate ruffles with more elegant put together pieces. So by pairing it with casual pieces I was able to make this piece feel more relaxed. To remain in the blue family, I wore my new electric blue flat pumps which I love (although they cause me blisters). I think that the bright shoes made the whole outfit less boring and obvious. In fact while monochromatic outfits can be classic, easy to put together and great to elongate your body, they can also be boring. That's why it's important to play with different shades of the same colour, different textures and incorporate brighter pieces and also break the monochromatic them with your accessories. That's what I did by mixing silver and blue accessories and wearing my tan handbag. This latter is not blue which makes the outfit more interesting but being a brown colour is also classic and neutral enough not to clash with the main colour.




I am wearing:
Light blue skinny jeans from Stradivarius
Blue checked shirt from Piazza Italia
Blue flat plumps from Stradivarius
Tan handbag from Mango Dubai
Blue bracelets from Stradivarius
Silver necklace (was a gift)
Pearl studs from Tally Weijl (recent purchase)

What about you? Do you like monochromatic outfits or do you prefer colour blocking?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment