Sep 15, 2012

A day of HEALHTY but DELICIOUS MEALS

Today is Saturday and everyone, including me, likes to enjoy good food in the weekend. This, however, doesn't necessarily imply you have to consume more calories than usual. By using your imagination and thinking a bit you can come up with delicious healthy meals which are still within your daily calories. In my case I don't feel I need to staff myself and eat unhealthy to enjoy my Saturday. In order to prove my point to you I am going to share my meals of the day with you.

BREAKAST


If you want to have a different breakfast from your usual cereal and milk, you could go for one slice of fitness bead with soy butter and plum jam topped with 2/3 of a banana like I did above. I also had half a cup of soy milk with the rest of my banana chopped in it. To me adding the banana to my soy milk gives me that extra taste which makes me enjoy my milk. Without the banana I would like the soy milk. This is what I had yesterday because I wanted to change my breakfast for one since I always have weetabix, banana and soy milk. I think it's a great breakfast for either Saturday or Sunday. And it has the same or may be less calories than what I usually have.

LUNCH


My lunch consisted of 5 baked chicken wings, boiled green beans and baked potatoes. The green beans were simply boiled and seasoned with salt and pepper and olive oil. The potatoes were sliced, boiled and then baked topped with salt, pepper and rosemary and sprayed with 1 calorie olive oil spray. The chicken wings were marinated with lemon pepper, salt and pepper, basil, barbeque seasoning, lemon juice and honey syrup. Finally they were baked for about 30 to 40 minutes. My lunch was delicious but still healthy since I only used half tablespoon olive oil per person for the veggies and no oil on the potatoes. The chicken wings seasoning was all herbs except for the healthy lemon juice and reduced sugar honey syrup. No artificial sauce were used, except for a little ketchup on my potatoes.

AFTERNOON SNACK


Normally I do not have a snack but today I felt like it, especially because I wanted to use the apple cookies we opened last weekend. So I gave loads to my husband and I had 4 plus one different biscuit together with a soy vanilla ice cream by Valsoia. This is a perfect way to have a sweet treat without overdoing it. Since each cookie has already about 50 calories with about 5 cookies and a yougurt you get up to 350 calories which is the same amount of calories I tend to take for breakfast and my evening snack. Ideally I prefer snacking on yougurt and either fresh or dry fruit, but as I said today I made an exception. Also I prefer cookies which are wholemeal and rich in cereals and fibre rather than very sweet ones.

DINNER


Like every other day, dinner for me is more of a snack a time. I like to have 1 banana with some cornflakes and soy milk. Sometimes I will add few grapes, or a peach or have a soy yougurt depending on how hungry I am. I like to eat light at night because I have problems digesting my food at times. Other times I am still full from my lunch that I don't really feel like eating much. But it's important to never skip your main meals otherwise you will end up slowing your metabolism.

And you what did you eat today? Share your meals with us in the comments below.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment