Jun 20, 2012

Buckwheat Noodles Chinese Style......for Today's Healthy Lunch

After yesterday's healthy eating guidelines post, I think a post featuring a healthy lunch recipe is what should follow. This recipe will shop any one interested in following these new guidelines how you can do so without getting bored and without giving up tasteful meals.


As you can see in the image above, this meal is definitely smaller in portion than my latest daily healthy meals (thus it follows my first guideline). It has no beans since I would not classify green beans with other beans (like black beans, garbanzo beans, cannellini which contain far more calories -34 calories for a cup of green beans vs above 227 calories for a cup of black beans). This means this meal also follows my second guideline. By eating this meal I also adhered to the fourth guideline in which I said I would replace beans with a high fibre food which in this case is the 75g buckwheat noodles. 

This meal contains the following ingredients:
  1. carrots (4 medium carrots)
  2. green beans (200g green beans)
  3. 75g buckwheat noodles
  4. salt, pepper, ground coriander and Chinese 5 spices
  5. light soy sauce and some sweet chilli sauce
You can use the above ingredients and follow my recipe found here to recreate this meal. And if you give it a try, let me know in the comments below whether you like it or not.

STAY FAB


0 comments:

Post a Comment