Feb 4, 2012

How to wear Winter Dresses.......


It's been 2 months I have wanted to write a full post dedicated on how to wear Winter dresses. Obviously, there are many ways of wearing dresses in the cold season. In this post I tried to show you my favourite ways with the pieces I own. 

The key to wearing dresses in winter is layering. Until few years ago, I wouldn't have dared wearing dresses and skirts during the months of December, January and February because I would freeze and get chilblains. But once I discovered leggings, everything changed. Leggings allow you to wear Winter dresses and skirts while still keeping your legs covered and warm. And they can add some fun to an outfit by mixing and matching coloured leggings with more dull outfits. Moreover, sweater dresses can also be worn with jeans and skinny pants as in outfit 1 below.

OUTFIT 1...........Wear Sweater dresses with your favourite skinny jeans!


Here I am wearing.....
Black long sleeves turtle neck
Blue skinny jeans
Taupe Sweater dress
Black scarf
Black satchel bag
Tan brogues heels

OUTFIT 2...........Wear your Winter dresses with your favourite boots!


Here I am wearing.....
A brown long sleeves turtle neck
2 pairs black leggings
My brown short sleeves dress
Cognac and gold skinny belt
Black boots
Taupe coat
Gucci inspired bag

OUTFIT  3.........Wear your winter dresses with a bright piece!


This outfit was inspired by the above skirt which is by Diane Von Furstenberg. I used the grey, black and white as well as neon coral palette.
Here I am wearing....
Grey long sleeves turtle neck
Black long sleeves sweater dress
Coral cardigan
Grey scarf
2 pairs black leggings
Charcoal grey and black kitten heels
Grey coat

OUTFIT 4...........Layer your Winter dresses with cardigans and belts........


Here I am wearing....
A brown long sleeves shirt
Brown short sleeves dress
Beige long cardigan
Brown patterned tights
A pink tan skinny belt with bow
My tan brogues heels
A brown and tan handbag

OUTFIT 5........Wear your Winter dresses as a skirt..........by pairing them with a sweater.


Here I am wearing......
A navy blue long sleeves turtle neck
Grey leggings and blue tights on top
A navy blue sleeveless sweater dress
An ecru/beige short sleeves preppy sweater
And some nude patent pointed flat brogues 
Blue scarf

...
STAY FAB while staying warm......

2 comments:

  1. Good practical advice. Freezing here at the moment! (NZ)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the contrary here in Malta the weather is getting unbearably hot.

      Delete