Oct 3, 2011

Makeup Forever HD Foundation......Review

Hello,

This is going to be the review on the second sample I was given at Sephora in Catania. This is a foundation I have never thought I would try out because it seemed much more coverage than what I am normally used to. But since trying can do no harm (unless it really breaks me out) I accepted to try it. So here are my opinions on the Makeup Forever HD Foundation and you can also see it on my face.



First of all, I must say that this foundation has the widest range of shades I have ever seen in stores. It is in fact available in 25 different shades, and what is great about it is that for each shade you get different undertones. So in my case there were 2 very light shades (the lightest actually) with 2 different undertones, one pink and one more beige yellow. The shade I chose was number 117 which has a yellow undertone because it matches better my neutral skin tone. This colour matched me perfectly.....

The packaging is not so special when compared to the Guerlain Parure Aqua Foundation. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap.

Its consistency seemed very liquid to me but it may be that being in a small container there wasn't no possibility of mixing it before use. In fact it was kind of difficult to apply because of it being too runny. It took me long to blend it well and I felt it could easily leave some streaks if not blended well.

In terms of performance I really liked the coverage. It was good but not too much since I applied just a little. However, it did look a little cakey on and also a bit darker after few hours. It might also be due to the fact that it was a sample and it had been poured in a container. The scent is nice and not too strong. It also didn't seem to water my eyes or nose.




Overall i think this could be a good foundation for those of you who are looking for medium buildable coverage (buy it here). I am also petty sure that mostly everyone could find their perfect shade among this vast range. The finish is really nice as you can see in the pictures above, but If I were to use it again I wouldn't apply it with my fingers as it couldn't be blended out properly. Moreover I would shake the bottle well before its use so hopefully it comes out less runny.

Would I buy it? I am not sure. Although I liked it, it still makes me look a little dehydrated. So I would get another sample and try applying it with a brush. Then I would let it seat on my face for few hours and see whether it starts looking flaky or whether it oxidizes. So YES....... I am still looking for the perfect foundation..........

AlessiaPearl

0 comments:

Post a Comment