Mar 12, 2011

Definitive Volume Mascara by Deborah Milano........A review.

Hello beauty lovers,

In this post I want to review a new mascara I am trying at the moment. Wearing mascara and glasses can prove to be annoying if the mascara elongates your lashes to the extent they start hitting against the lenses. It is also not ideal to wear a mascara which will then smudge against your lenses.  For this reason I have always skipped mascara. However, lately I have noticed that my eyes look dull and tired because the lashes are not black enough especially after applying eye shadows which tend to spill on lashes. I therefore decided to start looking for a mascara which could make my eyes pop without making it uncomfortable to wear it with glasses. Consequently, my ideal mascara should have the following attributes:
  • It must define my lashes by separating and making them black enough to make my eyes pop
  • One coat must give me the definition I want
  • It must not get lumpy
  • It must not smudge against my glasses
  • It must have a relatively thin applicator
After a long research I came up with a list including the following mascaras:
  1. Maybelline full and soft (for natural lashes)
  2. L'oreal voluminous black
  3. Rimmel volume flash mousse mascara
I then went shopping and brought along the above list which I however didn't use because I ended up buying the Definitive Volume mascara by Deborah Milano. The reasons for which I chose this mascara over the others are:
  1. It gives you volume and definition while having a relatively thin applicator when compared to the others
  2. It has a very nice packaging and shape which is important for me in everything I buy
  3. It promises to give you zero lumps
  4. I like the brand and I think it is slightly higher end than the 3 brands listed above although I do love both Rimmel and Maybelline brands.
  5. It has a good price (less than 10 euros)





After trying this mascara I can say that:
  1. It does give me some volume and the definition I want with just one coat
  2. It elongates my lashes without making them too exagerated
  3. If lightly applied and if left dry for few minutes it doesn't smudge
  4. It is easily removable

With mascara

Without mascara

Hope you find this review useful.

AlessiaPearl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment