Jan 10, 2011

What to wear to a winter event.....

Dear all,

I am happy to say that my grandparents (my mum's parents) have celebrated their 50th anniversary last Saturday and I have been very pleased to be entrusted with the organization of this important family event. We had a buffet dinner with entertainment in one of the local 5 stars hotels. The party took place in a private hall and everything went well and all guests were satisfied. As a gift I bought the favors for the souvenirs plus I put a lot of effort and time into the organization of this party.





After all the hard work, I really wanted to enjoy myself and looked and feel great. So I looked around for the right dress and came up with an elegant makeup and hair look. Finding the dress was harder than I thought because being in the sales period, most sizes had already been taken and in some cases there the dresses I liked started from a size which was too large for me. I am size 6, sometimes 8 but the major problem is that I have an extremely small waist while my hips and derriere are fuller when compared to the small waist. So all the size 8 dresses are too large from the waist and sometimes also the ones in size 6. However, my hips and derriere won't fit in a size 4. I ended up buying a petrol blue green dress with crystals embellishment on the shoulders in a size 8. The dress is from Oasis and I also bought a red dress fairly plain but with a very mice silk fabric. I really wanted to wear the Oasis Necklace Prom Dress but it starts from a size 8 and was huge on me. So I guess I will wear the red dress I bought for Valentine's day to go to dinner with my newly husband (it will be our first valentine's as a married couple). The dress I bought for the event did feel a bit wide around my waist but I bought it 2 days before the event after going around most shops in my country (my country is very small just in case you are wondering how I looked around the whole country) so I didn't have any other alternatives.


As for the makeup, I chose to wear a very simple but elegant look because I wanted to stand out thanks to my natural features rather than lots of makeup. Here is a short step by step guide as how to achieve the makeup look I had for this event:
Step 1 - I applied Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Fluid foundation with my fingers using a sample I got in the shade 0 Porcelain on cleansed and moisturized skin. I didn't apply my mattifying primer because in the last month I have had some dryness problems on certain areas of my face so I don't really need to mattify my face.
Step 2 - For my cheecks I applied my Missha Golden Rose blush in shade 208
Step 3 - I applied a little bit of Rimmel Stay Matte powder but it would have been better if I had not applied it because it cause some dryness while the foundation looked better without the powder just because I am being more dry than oily this month due to the very cold weather to which I am extremely sensitive
Step 4 - As for eyeshadows I applied a pink eye shadow very natural looking not too pink all over the lid and in the inner corner of my eyes. I then smoked the outer corner of the eyes with a petrol blue teal eye shadow and added some silver just on the lower part of the corner of the eye. I finished by reapplying the pink shadow on the inner corner of the eye to make the darker shade pop even more.
Step 5 - I then smudged a charcoal shadow on the lower lash line and applied a black eye liner on the lower water line.
Step 6 - As for lips I just applied a lip balm and a clear lip gloss because I wanted to keep the look very natural as i already said.

A close up of my face for you to see my makeup
(However, keep in mind that this picture was taken at the end of the event once I got home so my makeup had been on for more than 8 hours by that time)

My lovely sister and me....

As for my hair I did a quick bun following this tutorial on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LuxyHair#p/u/30/qjTX3_W1oBM


As for accessories I wear a pair of big round silver stud earrings and my swatch silver bracelet with studs. My spectacles are by Moschino. My handbag was a small satin black clutch by Accesorize with a lace wide ribbon tied with a bow. My shoes were black suede pumps with some crocodile skin detail at the back. My coat was a grey striped knee length coat by Esprit and I wore my black leather gloves and my lace black sparkly scarf by Tally Wejl.



As for my nails I had on one coat of rock the metal by Rimmel 60 seconds and one coat of top coat by Nails Professionals.



Love,
AlessiaPearl


0 comments:

Post a Comment