Dec 30, 2012

Christmas Log with Carob Powder....

This year I decided to bake only twice during the Christmas holidays, so as to cut the calories intake, especially since we also got loads of packaged cakes, biscuits and chocolates. I made mince pies which are my favourite Christmas treat just before Christmas. You can read my mince pies recipe here. And yesterday I made Christmas logs just in time for New Year's Eve. So here is my recipe. And if you are still feeling like baking something else you can read my Christmas fruit cake recipe here



INGREDIENTS (yield 1 large log, 1 medium and 1 small)
360g Devon morning coffee biscuits
2 tablespoons carob powder
200g cherries
100g pistachios
80g lemon peel
2 tablespoons rum essence
1 medium cup soy milk
100g soy butter

3 tablespoons carob powder
2 tablespoons corn flour
vanilla essence
vanilla icing sugar



PREPARATION
I started by crushing the biscuits. I added the carob powder and mixed well. Then added all the dry fruit, the milk, the rum and finally the butter cut into small pieces. I combined everything with a fork until the butter was well spread into the mixture. And then I placed some of the crumble on oven paper and started molding it with my hands in the shape of rolls. I then folded the paper and placed it into the freezer. I repeated this process for the other 2 logs. I left the logs for almost one day in the freezer. Then I took them out and let them thaw. Then I covered the logs with the carob sauce I made using just carob powder, corn flour, vanilla essence and some vanilla icing sugar. I sprinkled some icing sugar on top and kept the logs in the fridge.




STAY FAB
&
HAPPY NEW YEAR

0 comments:

Post a Comment