Nov 12, 2012

La Roche Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes

After having spent all Summer not using an eye cream, I really felt the need to buy one. This was mainly because lately I had been getting an itchy under eye area. So I thought to myself that the itchiness might be caused by either dryness or dehydration. After considering various options, mainly a few La Roche Posay eye creams and two other ones by Eucerin, I decided to go with the Hydraphase Intense Eyes. This seemed to be the most age appropriate and also the least expensive option. Most of the other eye creams options I had (the fragrance free ones) are in fact targeted to women in their 30's and above, since they claim to be filling wrinkles. What really made me think was the fact that the sales assistant told me that since I am too young I shouldn't be using a very strong eye cream. The fact that she referred to the other eye creams as strong made me think that those might be stronger in terms of the chemicals they use and I am always trying to use natural products with as few ingredients as possible. Plus I also figured out that since there will actually come a time when I will have to use the stronger eye creams, I might as well try the lighter ones, at least for now.

The Hydraphase eyes comes in a plastic tube with a nozzle application. It has 15 ml of product and I got it for 12.90 euros. I really like the packaging. I think it's easy to get the product out and onto the eyes. I also like the fact that it was cheaper than the other options. Eye creams can be really expensive, but I guess the price is worth the fact that we might get fewer wrinkles by applying them.

On first application, this product comes out easily when you squeeze the package. However, since it has a ticker consistency than the other eye cream I have ever tried (the Eucerin AquaPorin Eye) it doesn't run out and gets wasted. The tick gel like consistency is easy to apply and massage into the eyes. It feels moisturizing on the eye area but not as hydrating as the Eucerin. Because this latter is much more liquid and has a refreshing feel I think it works better if all you need is hydration under your eyes. If however, you are looking for more than just hydration, I think the Hydraphase eyes has much more to offer. First of all after applying it for the first time, I thought that the silicone like texture should act as a great base for concealer. This same consistency is more likely to do something for your fine lines, at least fill them while you are wearing it and thus reduce any creasing which you might get after applying your concealer, especially ticker ones.

After using this eye cream for 4 days my itchiness has been reduced, although I noticed that I tend to get it at night and I think it's being caused by using too much my laptop. I am really liking the feeling I get around my eyes after applying this product. It sort of takes the tiredness away for few minutes. Plus I am also realizing that it's a good thing I have started using my eye cream now that it's getting colder and the skin will start being drier than usual. Dry under eye areas are not good since they create fine lines and make your concealer look all creased. 
 
I did notice a difference when I applied my foundation over this eye cream. The application was smoother and it was easier to blend the foundation in the eye area. Even my concealer when applied directly on the eye cream (without  a foundation layer in between the two) applies much better. It is easier to blend, creases even less and lasts better. So if you are using a concealer that is giving you some trouble by creasing in your under eye area I definitely recommend to apply it directly on this eye cream.


For me this is a win win eye cream. Here are the reasons summarized for you. 
1. It's light enough for young age.
2. It's cheaper than other alternative eye creams (I got it for 12.90 euros).
3. It gives me an amazing hydration feeling the moment I apply it.
4. It works well under concealer and foundation.
5. And, I am sure it will help reduce any dehydration induced fine line I might already have, and might slow down any future ones.

What about you? Which is your favourite eye cream? And what does this do for your eye area? Share it in the comments.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment