Nov 11, 2012

Fall Closet Needs... (Things I plan on buying)

I don't know about you, but I tend to go to back to wearing mostly basic colours during late Fall and Winter. I cut on heavy and bright prints and focus on playing with different textures and different shapes which is so easy when you have to layer various clothing pieces on in order to keep warm. Colour is still important though, since you do want your individual pieces to be noticed. However, you don't want each one to stand out and look like you have your entire wardrobe on. This is why most of my wish pieces are solid basic or at least staple colours in a woman's Winter closet. So here is what my closet needs this Fall and Winter (the essential pieces I think I need until now):


1.   Black skinny jeans or pants, to replace my existing skinny jeans which are very stiff and uncomfortable. My favourite option at the moment seems to be the 5 pocket skinny pants by Zara (see image on your right).



2.   Deep red handbag, to bring a pop of colour to more muted outfits and also because I love deep reds;










3.   Black shoulder bag, to wear with certain outfits that require a smaller handbag which is totally black and has silver details (since I have a black one with brown and gold details).





4.   Leather jacket which I have been wanting since last Fall but I haven't found one I really liked. I might actually go for a more ladylike one rather than a very casual biker style leather jacket. The styles below are from Zara and are my favourite ones.



Parka with sleeves in contrasting fabric5.   Parka jacket because it's what I would love to wear on those days I want to look super casual but also edgy. I am not sure whether I should go for a light one or a ticker one, although now that the weather is getting colder the lighter one will not make much sense unless I buy it during the Sales and save it for next Spring. This parka on your left, in green and not brown,  is my favourite one at the moment. I like the edgy look of the sleeves and the glamorous effect of the embellished shoulder. It's a great way to dress up your casual outfits.






6.   Dark coloured skinny pants (like plum or green). Although I already one a pair of maroon ones, they are not as fitted as I liked them to be (also because they are in a size larger than what I wear) and I would like a different shade or at least a pair which fits well. This is a trousers I would love to own.



7.   Maroon heels to wear with all black outfits or with outfits which have deep red details. The shoe below is exactly the colour I want but as a style, I would prefer not to buy a 2 toned shoe and also one with a more comfortable slightly ticker heel.


8.   Wine gloves to add to my gloves collection which are essentials for me since I have to protect my hands from the cold not to get negative reactions (you can read my Raynaud's story here)

9.   Wine scarf since I think it will look divine with many outfits I will be wearing this Fall and Winter


10. Nude shoes because are a basic piece I don't own. I am not sure though what style of shoe I will end up buying in this shade.

11. Black skirt which is very handy in Winter when you want to dress up a little but still keep warm. You can wear black skirts with tick tights or even ticker leggings, different shoes and boots and they look great under longer coats.

Let me know in the comments what does your closet need for the Fall and Winter?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment