Nov 14, 2012

A new season.....A new decor

Every time a new season is approaching, I feel the need to change my home decor. It doesn't need to be a drastic change, like replacing furniture or even curtains and the smaller decor pieces. Changing flowers or even just moving certain pieces of furniture will be sufficient to satisfy this need. I got this habit from my grandma, who actually used to change something in her house once a week. When I used to live with her, I would come from school and find the living room completely different. She would change the curtains, put new flowers and turn the furniture around. And I used to be so amazed at how the same room could look so different with just few small changes. My mum, on the contrary, was always more conservative with her decor. She would rarely change anything, and to me that was kind of boring. So caught in the middle between my mum and her mother's decor habits, I chose a more sustainable one: that of changing things every few months, mostly when a new season begins. 


This Fall I made few changes like adding a vase and some flowers to a piece of furniture I had moved from one of the spare rooms to the hall, adding new cushions to my sitting room and again moving a coffee table around in the sitting room and totally changing its decor using pieces I already had running around or lying inside my wall unit. I also added a tray on my dresser which has lovely cups on and I am using to hold my nail treatments and top coats as well as my makeup brushes. I didn't really follow the seasonal colours, which in the case of Fall are normally earth tones. I felt like going with bright white and bright flower colours because I really like being surrounded by bright interiors as they help me keep calm and focused. Having a little pop of colour here and there gives me that fun touch and energy I also need. Plus, white on its own would be too boring for me to stand.


What about you, did you make any changes to your home decor this Fall? The next decor post will be a Christmas decorations one! Are you excited?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment