Oct 30, 2012

Healthy Fall Drink....Banuccino

Today the temperature dropped suddenly to 16 degrees Celsius and since I am very sensitive to cold I started feeling the need to warm up. I thought I would wear my housecoat bu then I said to myself it was a little bit too much. So I opted for a warm drink and since I was going to do a smoothie anyway, I decided to incorporate the two together. And this is how I came up with my banuccino drink. I like to call it this way because it's a banana smoothie with substitute chocolate powder which looks like cappuccino. And because it tastes great I wanted to share with you my recipe.



INGREDIENTS
1 banana
2/3 large cup soy milk
1 teaspoon carob powder

PREPARATION
Preparing the banuccino involves 2 separate steps. 
The first is to make a banana smoothie with 1 banana and 1/3 cup soy milk as well as 1/3 teaspoon carob powder. I used my blender for this step.
The second step is to heat another 1/3 cup soy milk with the rest of 2/3 teaspoon carob powder.
Then finally mix the cold smoothie with the hot carob milk.
Enjoy.

I really need to come up with different hot drinks for the Fall and Winter which can serve as snacks as well as a way to warm up during cold days. If you have any recipes which do not involve any caffeine and are also low in calories please share them in the comments.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment