Oct 16, 2012

Fall Layering: Summer Dress & Denim Shirt....An OOTD

The weather is starting to get a little chilly. Although it's still early to wear jackets and thick cardigans, especially during the day, it's definitely the right time to pull out of the closet long sleeves shirts and blouses to wear on their own or to layer over t shirts. Last Saturday I really had a nice day with my husband. We went  to our National Public library where we like to borrow books from every now and then, then I did some shopping, followed by lunch in a cute restaurant by the sea and finally we did some grocery and home decor shopping. The weather was changing all the time. First it was chilly and windy and also super cloudy. Then the sun came out and the wind got weaker. And in the early afternoon it started pouring pretty heavily and got chilly again. I was very happy about my choice to layer a shirt over my dress because it kept me warm and gave me that casual look I was going for. Below is my outfit of the day.


As you can see above (excuse my messy bed in the background), I started with a Summer floral dress which you can see in another outfit of the day here. I paired it with a light green belt and my new electric blue flats featured in this haul post. I initially had no clue about what handbag to wear. So I decided to go with this neutral orange tone tan handbag.


I think the handbag choice went perfectly with the denim shirt and gave the entire outfit a more put together grown up look, since the floral dress paired with the denim shirt and bright flats might appear as very teenage looking. My goal was to put together a preppy outfit which was casual and comfortable but also tasteful. 


To finish the outfit, I wore a silver chain and pendant as well as silver studs to tie with the silver chain straps of the handbag and avoid adding more colour to the already colourful outfit. 

I ended up wearing the shirt all the time as it didn't get too warm. And except for the morning wind which made me hold my dress for some time (although I was smart enough to wear a tube skirt underneath), I really loved my outfit and felt great in it. Because it was already bright, I opted for a neutral makeup and neutral nails. Here is the nail look I wore.

I am wearing:
Floral 2 in 1 dress by New Look
Electric blue flats by Stradivarius
Tan handbag by Mango Dubai
Green belt by Parfois
Denim shirt by Terranova
Silver studs by H&M
Silver chain (was a gift)

I am really looking forward to pair my denim shirt with more dresses as well as skirts and pants. Feel free to share links to show how you like to pair your denim shirts.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment