Sep 25, 2012

Rye and Millet Flour Flat Bread....Served with zucchini and tomatoes

Today I decided to try and make flat bread using my favourite healthy flours: rye and millet flours. The result was delicious, crunchy and crispy with a hearty filling taste. So here is how I made it and what I served it with it.



FOR THE FLAT BREAD

Ingredients
about 50g rye flour + 30g extra
about 50g millet flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper
about 50ml water

I mixed all the ingredients, except for the extra 30 g rye flour which I used for kneading and rolling flat the bread.  I then kneaded and let the dough stand in the shape of a ball for few hours. Later, I simply used the extra flour to continue kneading and rolling flat my bread. I heated a skillet, sprayed some 1 calorie olive oil spray and cooked the flat bread on each side until crispy and brown.

I served it spread with soy butter and some sliced cheese. I ate it with zucchini and tomatoes which I cooked in a pot seasoned with salt, pepper, basil, oregano and olive oil. 



The flat bread reminded me of a brown pita bread which I really used to love eating. I really enjoyed making it and especially eating it. I am looking forward to making more and may be freezing them to have them ready for on the go meals.

And you, what did you eat today? Share it in the comments below.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment