Sep 27, 2012

Fall 2012 Maroon Nail

Burgundy, maroons and dark reds are very in this Fall and Winter 2012 2013. They also happen to be one of my favourite colour for the colder months. And they are a great way to inject colour in your look without being too bright and bold but also shift away from the usual black and grey shades. For me the deep dark reds are the new browns, especially for what concerns clothing. I used to love brown clothes but now I sort of see them boring and too mature looking. In this post I want to share with you my first time this Fall in which I incorporate the deep reds in my look. I decided to go with a dark maroon nail because it's still to early, too warm and too sunny to wear darker colours where I live. If you would like to see the outfit I wore with this nail look, you can click here (Fall 2012 Day 1 Outift 1).



The colour I am wearing is by Kiko in shade 243 Rosso Prugna that is Red Plum. I applied 2 coats because one coat only would have been too sheer. From the bottle this nail polish appears to be more plum than dark maroon, but I still like it. I like how it goes with my complexion and I also think it's a very versatile colour, especially for the colder months when I tend to wear darker and deeper (less bright) clothes.


If you would like to know more about Kiko nail polishes, I have two posts in which I shortly review them. These are Kiko Nail PolishFall 2012 Nail Polishes Haul: Kiko, Kiko 372.

Do you like maroons and deep reds on your nails during Fall? Let me know in the comments.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment