Jul 15, 2012

ERDEM: Fall Winter 2012 2013 Runway Fashion

The fabrics, colours, prints, proportions and the attention to detail makes this collection one of my favourites for the cooler season. I am not surprised since I loved so much the Erdem Spring Summer 2012 collection. Anyway, what I like most about the FW12/13 collection is that it doesn't feel wintry and this is very rare since most collections present darker colours which might appear sad and dull, after being used to seeing so many bright, florals and fun pieces in the warmer season. 

Erdem is offering a brighter more fun look for the next Fall and Winter without looking inappropriate or out of season. I must admit that this collection is however more suitable to mild Winters rather than to very cold ones because the fabrics are not thick enough. Also few of the looks presented on the runway appeared to me too bright and busy, especially for Winter. So as with any other collection, let's take this as a source of  inspiration when creating our own looks, especially when transitioning florals into Fall.

The main characteristics of this collection are florals, lace, tweed, leather, intricate shoes, higher necklines and the combination of lighter Summery pieces with more Wintry ones like the woolen tops worn with the floral skirts.

Below are my favourite looks:










STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment