Jun 15, 2012

One shoulder dress for Summer 2012

Last Wednesday was my husband's 29th birthday, which we celebrated with a romantic dinner at our favourite Asian restaurant. Below are the pictures of what I wore. I decided to wear this deep purple (which looks much lighter on camera) one shoulder flowy dress which I bought got as a bargain during last Summer mid season sales. The dress is an empire style one, great for people with a  larger middle part or for pregnant women. Although I a mot pregnant and my stomach is pretty flat, I really like this style because it reminds me of Grecian goddess and is therefore very feminine and romantic. 




Being pretty simple, this dress can be paired in many different ways. Silver accessories would have given me a more classic and elegant look. Pairing the dress with bright pink pumps and clutch as well as pink multicolored bracelet and earrings would help you achieve a very fun and young look. I opted for a way in between the elegant and fun by combining more muted accessories like my nude pumps and gold necklace and bangle with the bright pink multi-coloured clutch and pink and gold stud earrings.





This is my first time wearing a one shoulder dress. I normally do not love them. But this dress is less structured and more of a combination between a one shoulder dress and a strapless dress.In fact, it dress can also be worn as a strapless dress by simply tucking in the strap. I am definitely going to try this look and pair it with a big statement necklace and bright pumps. Since I decided to wear it as a one shoulder dress, I opted for a simple dainty necklace and I also kept my earrings small and simple. If you prefer, you can also pair a one shoulder dress with larger earrings and no necklace. I would actually advice you not to wear a necklace if your dress is pretty structured as a one shoulder dress and you don't have much cleavage space.

Below are some of the pictures from which I took inspiration when putting together this outfit. 

My dress colour in reality (not on camera) is exactly the same colour as the lower part of the dress above. 




What about you? Do you like empire style dresses? And how do you like to wear your one shoulder dresses, if you do like them? Let me know in the comments below.

STAY FAB


0 comments:

Post a Comment