Jun 5, 2012

Coral and red nails for Summer 2012

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our second year wedding anniversary. And  we did so by going out on a dinner date in the evening after spending the morning shopping. I planned my outfit about 2 weeks in advance because I wanted to know what I needed to purchase to make my outfit complete. Apart from planning my outfit I obviously couldn't leave my nails out. So I decided to go with a coral and red colour combination plus a touch of gold glitter. These are not normally the colours I would go for Spring and Summer as I prefer pastels and fun bright colours. But because I wanted a more classy and feminine nail look I went for this look which you can see below. I think it really complemented my outfit which you can see here.


For this nail look, I decided to apply a coral all over my nail and then use a deep red to create a french tip on top of the coral. I then finished with gold glitters and of course a top coat.




I had this colour combo in mind but I decided which nail polish colours to use only after swatching them on a piece of transparent tape. I like to do so whenever I want to combine colours which I have never done before. This helps me make sure that the colour combinations are not too much and are flattering for my skin tone. The colour combo I wore is the second one from left to right. And in the last swatch you can see how nicely the gold glitter goes on top of the coral nail polish. Below are the products I used.


 Rimmel 60 Seconds in 430 Coralicious, Florelle 86 Red and Cristin & Ross Gold Glitters.


STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment