Jan 3, 2012

Fragrance Allergy.....My New Skincare

Every woman enjoys treating her skin with a good skincare routine, especially if it not only works well for the skin but it also has a nice scent. But what about those women who suffer from fragrance and chemicals allergies?

About 15 months ago I started playing with skincare and makeup. I was really enjoying taking care of my skin and trying new products as well as writing about them on this blog. Then I started experiencing asthmatic reactions due to the fragrances and chemicals contained in the products I was using. And it was sad to accept the fact I had to do without one of the best part of cosmetic products, which is their scent. It actually took me one year to understand that my breathing problems were caused by skincare and makeup. Once I did, I had to stop using most of these products and find new options to replace them. This is why I have not been reviewing skincare products in several months. However, I am now ready to review my new skincare with the hope it can be of help for those of you who are experiencing the same problem. 

My New FRAGRANCE FREE Skincare

Eye Makeup Remover & Cleanser: Toleriance Dermo Cleanser by La Roche Posay
This is a cleansing and makeup removal fluid for face and eyes. It is fragrance free, paraben fee, preservatives free and surfactant free, thus suitable for all types of intolerant skin. The bottle contains 200ml and it costed me about 10 euros. 



What I like about this product?
  1. It is a great 2 in 1 product. It removes my makeup and cleanses my skin thus allowing me to take care of my skin while using fewer products.
  2. It is fragrance free and has also no scent which is better than having a medicine scent.
  3. It is affordable and the bottle lasts several months.
Face Moisturizer: QV Moisturizing Day Cream with SPF30
This is a very good moisturizer. It keeps my skin moist which is vey important especially in winter when my skin gets red and dehydrated. It is a great product for sensitive skin as it is pefume and colou free, paraben free, non-comedogenic, dermatologically tested. And it has SPF 30 and offers UVA abd UVB protection. I have been using this product during the day and also at nights at least until I find a good night cream. It comes in a 75g cream tube and is under 10 euros.



Other fragrance free products I am using for the care of my body include:
  1. Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Hand Cream with 5% Urea and Lactacte (This is vey good to kee hands moistened during fall or thoughout the year if you live in a warm country. However, I would suggest something more moisturizing like Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Cream or Neutrogena Norvegian Formula Hand Cream. 
  2. E45 Emollient Wash Cream (This is a great product fo washing dry itchy skin. It is soap and detergent free, perfume free, dermatologically tested and allergy screened. I only use this for my hands although it can be used for all the body.
  3. Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Body Lotion UNFRAGRANCED

To conclude I would like to say you should feel very lucky if you are free from fragrance and chemicals allegies and can therefore use all the products you like. But if you suffer from this type of allergy don't be sad about it. There are still many amazing products to use. They might not be as glamourous as Sisley, Chanel, Guerlain and many others but they work effectively and help you take care of your skin without making you feel sick!

STAY FAB.

0 comments:

Post a Comment