Dec 12, 2011

Holiday Party Dresses.......

Hello ladies,

Already know what you are wearing this Christmas Eve? And what about New Year's Eve? Do you have a formal dinner, a ball or any other special event? I am sure many of you have already booked somewhere nice and are looking forward to dressing up and playing with your hair and makeup. The holiday season brings with it several opportunities to put together elegant outfits. So I wanted to write a post all about WHAT TO WEAR THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. I have chosen 7 dresses which I would wear for either a formal dinner, a ball, to a fancy restaurant, a reception party and any other formal event.  I am also going to show you how to accessorize them and pair each dress. And you will find various links to some of the pieces chosen for these looks. 

For me this year is all about chiffon and sequins. Lace is nice too but a little bit obvious. We have seen it already last winter, summer and then again this season. Plus I think lace can be worn even for less formal events. Whereas sequin is ideal for parties and very formal events and is great for the Christmas season because is sparkly and bright. We use it for our home decorations. Why not use it on our body?

Outfit 1: Simple Chiffon Black dress
This asymmetric dress is from Miss Selfridge so it's an affordable piece which you can wear again for other formal occasions. I think the metallic gold belt is what gives it some character. It makes is classy but modern at the same time. 
I would wear this dress with an ivory or cream fur jacket like this Dorothy Perkins one. And I would complete the look with a pair of gold pumps and clutch as well as some nice metallic earrings. You can either wear big ones or small studs depending on whether you want a more modern or classy look.


 

Outfit 2: Berry Pleated dress from Next



This dress is very elegant and chic, yet is different because it has a bright colour and a nice detailed decollete. I would pear it with all black and may be some sequins on either shoes or purse. I would wear a black coat possibly collarless like this one from Dorothy Perkins.




Outfit 3: Deep Red Sequin Dress 
This red dress will certainly make you stand out. Since it so bold you will have to style it carefully. I would go with black shoes and purse and a stone coat like the one below. I would wear black earrings and a black bracelet.



Outfit 4: Silver Sequins One Shoulder Sress from Dorothy Perkins

With this silver sequin dress you will definitely look like a star. I would wear this for New Year's Eve. I would pair it with either black shoes and purse or with some metallic shoes and a black purse. I would definitely wear some crystal studs and no other accessory.
 


Outfit 5: Pink Sequin One Shoulder Dress 



I love this dress. But of course make sure it suits your skin tone. I think this would look fabulous on someone very fair. I love how it looks so chic and feminine when paired with the cream fur coat. Both pieces are from Dorothy Perkins.




Outfit 6: Metallic Gold Sequin Dress

This dress is really stunning.However, I would prefer if the nude part was sheer and then one would wear a nude strapless top. I would style this dress to remind me Old Hollywood star. I would pair it with a cream coat and some metallic accessories.




Outfit 7: Golden dress with sequin triangles 








This is the most particular dress in my opinion. And is also one of my favourite. You would need to wear a nude slip dress under it since it is see through. I would wear this dress with black accessories and a black coat. And as with the other outfit I would keep the accessories down. Wear some earrings and many be a nice golden bracelet.


My favourite outfits are outfit 1, outfit 5 and outfit 7. WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVOURITE?

LOOK FAB this Holiday Season........

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alessia! Nico said you had impeccable taste! I am loving your inspiration boards!!! Those dresses are divine. Puts me in the holiday spirit girl! Especially love that berry, red, gold and silver one! Love your blog and can't wait to read more of your posts! :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SassyUptownChicThanks a lot. Your comment really made my day! I am glad you like my blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did something similar on my blog. I love #1 the best!! Thanks for putting all this together! Love your glam style. <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete