Dec 9, 2011

Christmas at home.....

Hello,

Here is a post all about my Christmas home decorations. I love Christmas and I hope I will always love it. This year I didn't really feel like it, but once December started and I started seeing decorations in shops my heart started filling up with the joy and peace I have always felt during this period no matter the situation I would be in. Even during sickness and family problems Christmas has always been able to make me smile. I really hope, everyone can feel the same and enjoy a Christmas full of happiness with loved ones......And I hope you all enjoy the Christmas countdown with your home decorations, Christmas shopping, planning dinners and all the rest.

I normally like to choose 3 colours and use only those to decorate. I think it looks more modern and classy although I still love the mixed look especially in cottage style homes and house of characters. This year I was inspired by the SILVER & GOLD tree which you can see here http://alessiapearl.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-2011-decorideas.html. However, I modified this idea to suit my taste and also my home style. I came up with the following colour scheme which uses SILVER, GLASS, WHITE and BROWN. I really love how these colours together look earthy (with pine cones), sparkly (with the silver decorations) and classy (with the glass decorations). And the white..... makes me dream of the snow we never get here.......





The angel on your right was made simply with paper and aluminium foil.





The silver balls are simply small pebbles covered with aluminium foil.



This is a Christmas decoration I made myself.....








 HAPPY CHRISTMAS
          in advance...........

0 comments:

Post a Comment