Nov 5, 2012

La Roche Posay Toleriane Soothing Protective Skincare Moisturizer.......A Review


This moisturizing cream is one of the most recent additions to my skincare. After spending all Summer without using a moisturizer on my face (because of the sticky hot weather) I finally felt the need to start using one again. And since other options were not available where I live, I decided to go with this one. After having tried various La Roche Posay facial products, I can say I trust this brand especially their Toleriane line which is targeted to sensitive intolerant skin like mine. 

As I have been looking for a moisturizer which was light, this one targeted to normal to combination skin seemed the right one. The packaging is similar to the other La Roche Posay products and the scent is not very evident, at least not as much as the Toleriane Foaming Cleanser. For 11.50 euros and 40ml of product it's neither too expensive nor super cheap. The product comes out creamy but neither too runny nor too tick. When applied, is easily blended in the skin and it hydrates and slightly moisturizes it - just what I was looking for transitioning between Summer and Winter. It does make my face look shiny and a little oily, although it doesn't feel greasy and it dries quickly leaving my skin feeling comfortable. It has definitely improved the texture of my skin in terms of foundation results. My foundation doesn't look cakey or dry since I have started using this product. If you would like to know more about how this product works with my foundation read here. I have experienced no major breakout which I can connect with using this cream and I have had no allergy problems. 

This is not a good moisturizer for people with dry to very dry skin. It is definitely more suited for normal skin and might work well for certain types of combination skin. I will keep on using this product during the Fall but I will be switching to a ticker richer one once it starts getting colder (around Christmas). I am not sure whether I would use this in Summer since it might feel a little too oily on my skin when the weather is too hot. For now this works well and I am happy to keep using it. 

Have you tried it? Let me know in the comments below.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment