Oct 3, 2012

Smoked Salmon Lasagna.....Quick & easy!

Now that Fall has started, we are on our way to starting eating lots of soups (at least I am). I love making chunky vegetable soups and have them with crunchy bread as well as meat or poultry broths with pasta in them. So before we get to the point where I forget all about salads and cold meals just because it gets too cold to have those, I am enjoying lots of cool meals. The smoked salmon lasagna was one of them. In my opinion, the beauty of smoked salmon lies in eating it fresh and not cooking it. Also, I don't really like it when cooked because it gets too salty for my taste. So last Sunday, I decided to give this cold smoked salmon lasagna a go. Because I really liked how simple and easy it was, and of course how good it tasted, I want to share the recipe with you. 





INGREDIENTS
6 fresh egg lasagna sheets (250g for 2 people)
200g fresh (not frozen) smoked salmon
pepper, lemon pepper and dill
lemon juice
soy butter
grated parmesan


MAKING THE LASAGNA
1. I started by boiling my lasagna sheets, which I divided each in 2 halves, in boiling water with salt
2. I seasoned the smoked salmon with pepper, lemon pepper, dill and lemon juice
3. I used 6 halves of lasagna sheets (originally 3) for each person and spread each with soy butter.
4. I topped the first lasagna sheet with the salmon and parmesan. Then layered a second one and repeated the process until I used up all the six half sheets. I repeated the same process for my husband's plate to which I added sliced cheese.
5. I finished with lemon juice and served with a side lettuce salad.


This Sunday meal was quick to make. It only took me about one hour to cook the pasta, assemble the lasagna and wash the dishes. It's the perfect dish to make when you want something a little fancy but don't want to waste a lot of time. After all Sunday mornings are great for walks, outdoors markets shopping as well as cafe breakfasts.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment