Oct 23, 2012

Low calorie Tasty & Delicious Treat....Spelt Rock Cakes

Now that Summer it's over I must admit I am starting to get into baking once again. All day long I eat healthy meals and in the evening when I have my cereal I have started craving sweet things like cakes and cookies. Thankfully, even my sweet tooth is pretty healthy. In fact, I tend to prefer less sweet and more healthy options even when it comes to cakes and pastries. For this reason I have started baking using less sugar and when possible replacing it with other healthier ingredients and using healthier flours as well as fruits both fresh and dry which can make the cake sweeter and tastier but without adding too much on the calories. In this post I want to share my last treat recipe. I made these last Sunday and I must say I was positively surprised about how good they taste, even though they are made with very healthy ingredients. Plus it took me only 40 minutes to prepare them and bake them. It was a simple matter of throwing in the ingredients together, mixing and spooning out the mixture on my baking tray.





INGREDIENTS
2 apples peeled, cored and diced thinly
160g spelt flour
5 tablespoons Sweet Freedom natural sweetener syrup
cinnamon (as much as you like)
40g red raisins
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

PREPARATION
Simply mix all the above ingredients into a bowl. Spoon the mixture into your baking dish covered with baking paper and sprayed with low calorie olive oil spray. The mixture should give you 12 medium rock cakes. i would suggest you to flatten them if you want them to be hard on the inside. If you prefer them soft shape them into balls so that the inside will remain moist. Make sure to check the bottom doesn't get too brown! 


STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment