Sep 19, 2014

Vienna restaurants

During our second visit to Vienna we didn't miss our favourite lunch spot, Anker. We actually had it 4 times - twice for lunch, once for breakfast and once for a late dinner. Anker is the best in delivering fresh and tasty panini which do not only look good but are also much healthier than a fast food option. Nordsee, which was my favourite spot for lunch and dinner during our first visit to the city of music, dropped out of the best places to eat in Vienna. It might have been that I have been eating so many salads lately that I have lost the appetite for fast food. However, I do crave McDonalds every now and then. My favourite Anker shop is found at the beginning of Mariahilferstrabe, not far from the Museumsquartier.
 
Anker panino
Aubergine, feta cheese and lettuce inside an olives panino.


I couldn't not have this panino given that aubergines, lettuce and feta cheese are among my top favourite foods.


Chicken panino
Breaded chicken and lettuce panino. Not my favoruite but still good enough.

Ravioli alla norma. Best norma pasta I ate out.

Eggplant again, and pasta and mozzarella. It was the perfect pasta dish and it was so good that I didn't want to share it with my husband but we were sharing also a pizza which was so good that I forgot to take a picture...It had prosciutto crudo and brie. So if you are looking for the perfect Italian restaurant with a modern vibe then Pesco is the right choice.


 
If you are looking for a more fine dining experience and you don't mind paying a little bit more, you should try the Nemtoi restaurant at the Levante Parliament Hotel. The Nemtoi burger was simply divine.
 
Finally if you like Mexican, I am not a huge fan, my husband suggests Mas Mexican. Cheesy nacios, chicken fajitas and a regular beef burger are the dishes we chose. I don't like spicy food so I wanted to stick with simpler dishes, hence the burger choice. While good, the burger was not as good as the Nemtoi burger.




 
What about you, which are your favourite restaurants in Vienna?
 
 STAY FAB


0 comments:

Post a Comment