Apr 12, 2014

Sephora haul

For years I have been watching hauls and reviews of products bought in Sephora, and heard amazing things about this beauty store. I once went in myself few years ago while I was in Catania, but I was so overwhelmed by the amount of products that I asked for a few samples but didn't manage to decide which products to buy. And after that one time, I never set foot again in a Sephora store until this April. And with several lists of products to try and buy, written both recently and a while ago, this time I definitely didn't come out of the store bare handed!
 
 

While on a trip to Palermo, I had 2 hrs free before attending a 5hrs meeting so I wanted to treat myself and so went shopping with the main intention of finding a Sephora Store. The one in Via Roma was closed and there was a sign directing clients to a newly opened store in Via Maqueda 443-447. So after walking and walking, while discussing the coming meeting with my colleague, I finally found the store and that's when I parted away with my colleague for a few hrs. I knew it would take me a while to shop in there and I wanted to just embrance and enjoy the whole experience especially since I had already prepared for the meeting and had a long day of work following. And so I did.


                 SEPHORA VIA MAQUEDA, PALERMO
After staring and browsing around the store for a few minutes while looking at my list, I was approached by a nice lady, whose name I don't recall, who helped me try and choose among the many products they have in store. I told her I needed a primer, a concealer, a powder, a BB cream, a face cream, a powder brush and that I wanted one of the naked eyeshadow palette and may be a cream blush too. They do not stock certain brands like Nars and Bobbi Brown so I had to mark off a few options on my list. And after testing different products by Sephora, Benefit, Urban Decay and Makeup Forever, this is what I ended up purchasing:
 
1. I finally bought the Benefit Porefessional Primer, about which I have heard many raves but also many unsatisfied reviews. It was Missglamorazzi's recent review who made me decide to try it. So thanks Ingrid!
 
2. I decided to try the Sephora 8HR wear mattifying compact foundation after having it applied in the store to test it. I got this in the shade 10 light, which is a tiny bit dark for me right now.
 
3. For concealer I ended up sticking to the Sephora brand, as the lightest shade available, 13 light, was the one closest to my skin tone.
 
4. I also bought a flat contour brush to apply my powder. This is the same brush used by the lady to apply the Sephora powder on me and I loved how smooth and compact it felt.
 
5. And finally, I repeat finally, I was able to get myself a naked eyeshadow palette. I was unsure whether I should buy the naked 1 or naked 2 but I decided to go with the 1, as also suggested by the shop assistant, as this comes with the urban decay eye primer and has amazing colours.
 
At checkout, after paying for my goodies, I was happy to receive a few samples. The lady gave me a set of Chanel Le Rouge lipsticks to try and a Biotherm hydrating face kit which came with a a good sized toner, a face cream and a serum.
 
It was great to finally shop at Sephora. Plus I really needed to stock on few makeup essentials, especially since I am using them everyday for work, and the products I got from Vienna last October are almost used up. The only problem was finding a place in my bag for all these products.....Thankfully I am a good packer, so I managed to fit everything between my luggage and my carry on bag. Here is how I pack.
 
I will be reviewing the products I bought later on. I also plan on comparing a few of them with other high end options. So if you are interested in those kind of posts stay tune, and follow my blog..
 
STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment