Feb 1, 2014

Kiehl's

In this post I am going to share my first impressions on the Kiehl's Calendula alcohol free toner and the ultra facial oil-free lotion. This post was written over 3 months ago and I can say that I am still loving the toner which I got in full size.

I have tried various natural skincare products as well as other non natural ones both high drugstore and high end. Lately, I have even tried the famous Sisley Creme Reparatrice which so many people rave about and yet my skin has never felt so supple, hydrated and smooth as right now.


I have been trying to find a natural alcohol free toner which had restringent properties but was not strongly scented for months. And while I was on holiday in Vienna I came across the brand Kiehl's about which I have heard many good reviews. So I decided to have a look at the toners and I fell in love with the calendula scent - which was just what I had been looking for as it is meant for normal to oily skin and is both alcohol free and has a natural scent along with natural ingredients. So I decided to splurge and try this toner. I justified this splurge by telling myself that I am making up for all the years I have skipped the toner step in my skincare routine. After trying this product for the first time in combination with the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Lotion sample I was given, I am definitely happy I made this purchase and I wish I had also bought the lotion. In fact after applying it my skin felt like it was thirsty and it finally rehydrated itself. My facial skin feels smooth and hydrated and also plumped and lifted and it has never felt so good before. I also think the skin looks tighter and more even and I have a feeling that this lotion would make a great makeup base.

After using these products combo for a few days I am convinced that they would be great for my skin in Summer when my face becomes more oily and my makeup has trouble staying on. I also think I might enjoy them every morning to prepare my face for makeup. However, I also realized that the lotion on its own is not enough moisturizing for the Winter months. Hence, I will be replacing it with a richer cream, may be even one from Kiehl's brand.

 
For what concerns the toner, I love it. I think it works similarly to other harsh toners but it is so gentle and has an amazing scent which reminds me of tea and makes me want to find a tea with that same flavor. The toner in combination with the ultra facial oil free lotion does a great job at making the face tighter and cleaning any remaining impurities. So if you are on the oily side but have sensitive skin, I would suggest you to try these products. If on the other hand you are combination to oily you might want to alternate the lotion with a richer one in the evening at east for the colder months. 

Anyway, so far I think these products are worth the higher price and I am definitely interested in trying other Kiehl's products. What about you - have you tried any Kiehl's cosmetics?

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment