Jun 18, 2012

Birthday Makeup......Audrey Hepburn Inspired


This is the makeup I wore for my 26th birthday dinner with my husband. I was looking for something simple and sophisticated, yet different than my usual daily makeup. I normally do not line my lash line with liquid eye liner because it can take a long time to do it precisely plus my magnifying mirror broke few months ago and I only bought it the other day. 

As you can see in the above picture, my dress was already bright and had a busy tropical print going on. You can see more pictures of my entire outfit here. Because of the dress, I wanted to keep my makeup as natural as possible but still with a little colour and warmth since it's Summer after all. I also didn't want any smokey eye or coloured shadow on my eyes. So I was very inspired by this Audrey Hepburn makeup tutorial by Tanya Blurr on pixi2woo channel on you tube. As you can see if you watch her tutorial here, I only followed her in the way she applied the makeup but I used completely different products both in terms of colours and brands. While she used more browns and light pink shades, I opted for pale golden yellows, beige browns and light reds to keep the same colours of my dress and make the final look more Summery and fun. 

This is exactly what I did:
  1. I started with a cleansed and moisturized face, including the eyes. I also made sure to use some SPF because the sun where I live is still bright in the late afternoon and I don't want any more pigmentation on my nose.
  2. First thing I did was to apply my concealer under my eyes and on my lids (since I do not have an eyeshadow primer at the moment; let me know if you have any recommendations).
  3. Then I also used a little foundation to even out my lids.
  4. For the eye makeup, I started by applying the white eye shadow all over the lid as well as in the inner eye corner and brow bone to make the eyes pop and the makeup appear brighter. 
  5. I then applied the golden pale yellow shade on my palette on the entire lid and then contoured my crease line with the ash brown shade. I also used the first shadow on the inner lower lash line and the second shadow on the outer lower lash line.
  6. I finished my eyes with this Audrey Hepburn inspired winked eye line and my black mascara.
  7. For the face, I applied my foundation with a makeup sponge. I slightly contoured my cheecks with my favourite blush/bronzer at the moment. And used a slightly red blush on my cheecks. I also applied some highlighter on my cheeck bones.
  8. And for the lips, I simply applied 2 coats of my red lipgloss.

Products I used:



        I used the 2 shades in the centre and the white one on the left in the second image.

  • Maybelline Affinitone Concealer in shade 01
  • Vichy Aera Teint Liquid foundation in shade opal 12
  • White, golden pale yellow and ash brown from BC palette
  • Body Shop liquid eye liner in shade 01 black
  • Deborah Milano Definitive Volume mascara
  • Essence silky blush (used as bronzer) in shade 40 natural
  • Body Shop blush cheek colour in shade 07
  • Missha The Style light lip gloss in shade RD001

I was very happy about how my makeup turned out, especially the winked line which is something I rarely do. I think this makeup complemented my 60's inspired outfit so well while still keeping the look contemporary. If you would like to see what I wore on my nails click here.

STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment