Apr 11, 2012

How to wear a White Denim Jacket

A white denim jacket is one of those pieces I only wear in Spring. I think the main reason is that by being so white doesn't feel adequate to me for fall. See, once fall starts I usually gravitate towards darker colours. On the other hand, after a long winter wearing blacks and blue, greys and browns this crispy white jacket feels so good to wear. And once I wear it, it really gets me in the mood for lighter colours. However, before wearing something I try to make sure it is still fashionable especially if it is something I got few years ago.

White is one of those colours which is always on trend, especially during Spring and Summer. This past month I have been watching many runway shows to have a look at the SS12 collections of the most famous stylists. And I must say that each show I have watched had its interesting and eye catching pieces. I was definitely inspired by many runway looks. 
...

For the outfit featured in this post I took inspiration from the colour palettes used by Chanel, Max Mara, Louis Vuitton and Theysken's Theory SS12. I really love how the bright white contrasts against the muted beige sweater and flats. I also think the light denim thighs both colours well together. And the slightly warmer butter cream handbag warms up the outfit just enough not to make it boring. Gone are the days where my shoes had to match exactly my handbag and belt for me to feel good. Matchy matchy is now dull and boring......


I am wearing.....
White denim jacket by Stradivarius
Light wash jeans by Stradivarius
Nude patent leather Oxfords flat pumps by Stradivarius
Beige short sleeves sweater by Terranova
Cream handbag by Carpisa
Bracelets are from Stradivarius too
Gold studs from Tally Weijl




STAY FAB

0 comments:

Post a Comment