Jan 4, 2013

Early Winter Outfits

Many times, we think of Winter as the least fashionable season because of all the layering and bundling up with coats, scarves, gloves and all the rest. Last Winter I was still thinking of Winter clothing as pretty boring. And it can definitely be so depending on weather you just wear the same colour from bottom to top and from layer to layer. I think the key is layering with some creativity. Try to add colour, texture, accessories and whenever the weather allows it wear your coat, jacket or other outerwear open so as to show the layers below. Use scarves to add not only warmth to your outfits but also to make them more interesting. And do not forget the basic under layers including leggings, extra pair of socks, warm under shirts and polo necks. Being stylish doesn't mean you have to get sick because you can't wear enough clothes or warm ones. Below are a selection of my favourite Early Winter Outfits.

 Fancy Outfits.....

Because flats are not warm enough for cold Winters , it's important to wear them with tights or socks. And when it gets too cold I stop wearing flat ballerina shoes. Long sleeve shirts, polo necks and warm cardigans are my favourite items to layers under coats. Although I am not wearing them in any of the pictures in this post, I never leave the house without my leather gloves. These are a necessity for me since I suffer with chilblains, and so is keeping myself warm. If you would like to know more about the above outfits you can check these OOTD s posts:



Casual Outfits featuring the same coat...


As you can see above layering not only makes you warmer but also helps change your looks, even when you are wearing the same pieces like the coat and jeans above. 

Smart, Cosy and Girly Outfits.....

Using pieces with extra details, like the wool texture of the cape above and the waterfall details of the cardigan above can make a simple outfit more interesting. And while making your outfit more fashionable you are also making yourself stay warm by adding these layering pieces. Moreover, mixing prints together can be fun and elevates your outfits. Look at the first outfit above where I am wearing a bright striped teal sweater with a checked coat over it. It works because one print is stronger than the other and all the rest is more basic and simple. To know more about each item I am wearing above in outfits 2 and 3, you can check these OOTD posts:


STAY FAB, and extra warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment